Sage BusinessVision 2013 (7.6)
Top features in 2013 release
In the fall of 2013, Sage released Sage BusinessVision 2013 (7.6). There were a much smaller number of improvements in this
version compared to prior versions, but there were still some nice additions.
Note that this version is no longer supported
Top New Features in this version
- AR Payment Utility - allows a payment to be distributed manually against each invoice;
for example, if a customer partially pays several invoices, you can record that, leaving outstanding
amounts for all incomplete invoices
- AP Payment Utility - allows payment of specific amounts against specific vendor invoices;
for example, if you are partially paying multiple invoices on one cheque, this can now be done
- GL Account Inactive flag - flag specific GL account as Inactive to prevent
accidental posting to it
- Customer / Vendor Account Inactive flag - flag a customer or vendor as either specific GL account
as either Active, Inactive or On Hold. Inactive customers / vendors do not appear on customer / vendor Browses
outside the Customer or Vendor module
- Customer / S.O.'s tab - can now print Order Details, Order Confirmation or Quotation forms
from the Customer module, without opening Order Entry
- Inventory Item Inactive flag - flag specific item as Inactive, and it will not appear in
Item browses outside the Inventory module
- Auto-Generate Purchase Orders - from within Order Entry, can generate PO's based on backorders
- Purchase Orders - copy any of your Warehouse addresses to the Ship-To tab
- Offset Customer Balances - if you have a customer who is also a vendor, you can offset the
balances and payments against each other
- Business Intelligence Module - allows pivot table / pivot chart data summarization of sales orders,
sales history, purchase orders and purchase history
- User access rights - several additions to User Access module to accommodate the above new features
Features Released in Version 2013 Service Packs
Since the initial release of Sage BusinessVision 2013, there were a number of additional,
incremental changes added. The main ones follow.
Features Released After Initial 2013 Release
- Service Packs 1, 2 and 3 - fix multiple bugs
- Service Pack 2 - cash receipt rounding to phase out the penny in Point of Sale (POS)
- Service Pack 1 - add compatibility with Microsoft Office 2013
All in all, clients agreed the new features were good, even if there were not as many as in prior version upgrades.
If you have product suggestions for Sage / BusinessVision, you can e-mail them to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In additional to making some decent incremental improvements in Sage BusinessVision with this version, Sage also do a
good job in encouraging the development of third-party tools, utilities and applications, and the developers
of these tools are certainly producing some great work. For info on some of these, have a look at
some of the best third party add-ons.
If you need to streamline or expand your use of BusinessVision or the
management of your BusinessVision data, please give us a call to discuss how some of these tools can
actually save you money or make you money.
spire software news